Prevention & Recovery Care (PARC)
What we do
Our Adult Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) services are short-term, residential treatment services with a recovery focus, located in our local communities of Flemington, Deer Park, Broadmeadows and Preston.
Watch videos from the PARC locations below.
We provide early intervention for people who are becoming unwell or in the early stages of recovery from an acute psychiatric episode, to strengthen and consolidate gains from the inpatient setting.
We offer a unique setting for people to start their recovery journey and resume their role in the community by providing coordinated, recovery-oriented treatment and support.
Our service encourages links to people's natural supports and their participation in community life.
- active specialist mental health assessment and treatment
- safe, time-limited accommodation
- relapse prevention and management
- recovery-oriented services including psychosocial rehabilitation, problem solving and intensive support
- opportunity for consumers to participate in structured programs that aid recovery
Our PARC services are aimed at people who:
- are 16 to 64 years of age and are eligible for adult area mental health services
- no longer require acute inpatient clinical intervention and treatment but would benefit from short-term, intensive treatment and support in a residential setting post-discharge from an acute inpatient admission
- are living in the community and require short-term residential support with intensive clinical treatment and intervention to prevent the risk of further deterioration or relapse
Our PARC services aim to lessen the possible difficulties and stresses experienced by family/carers in supporting people who are acutely unwell and are receiving community treatment.
At the same time, it offers an important alternative for early intervention for those people in the early phase of relapse, and for those in need of further stabilisation and recovery before to returning to their normal place of living following an acute admission.
Our PARC services are suitable for people who need the level of monitoring and clinical care that does not require admission to an inpatient unit, but would benefit from more intensive clinical treatment and psychosocial support than can be provided by our Community Teams alone.
Find out more about PARC locations.
Watch the video tours of each of our PARC locations: