Safety and wellbeing of consumers, carers, and staff
Promoting Resilience in Nurses: ARC Linkage Project
Resilience programs can improve resilience and workplace performance and reduce negative psychological impacts of workplace stress. However, little is known about the impacts of resilience programs for mental health nurses.
This study is a world-first in the field of mental health nursing and will advance knowledge on the impacts of resilience programs for nurses. The study will compare outcomes for mental health nurses who participate in the Promoting Resilience in Nurses (PRiN) program with a group of nurses who do not, and evaluate the processes involved in implementing the program in a mental health service.
Prof Kim Foster
- Prof Ian Shochet (CI, Queensland University of Technology)
- Prof Jane Shakespeare-Finch (CI, Queensland University of Technology)
- Prof Darryl Maybery (CI, Monash University)
- Assoc Prof Michael Roche (CI, University of Technology Sydney)
- Dr Trentham Furness (Research Fellow, NWMH & ACU)
- Lucia Villemagne Sanchez (Research Assistant, NWMH & ACU)
- Brian Jackson (Director of Nursing/NWMH)
- Pip Carew (Assistant Secretary/ANMF Vic)
- Anna Love/Randolfo Obregon (OCMHN/DHHS)
- Paul Healey (State Secretary/HACSU)
Funding and contributions
- Australian Research Council Linkage Grant 2019 – 2022
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (Victoria Branch)
- Northwestern Mental Health, Melbourne Health
- Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria
- Health and Community Services Union, Victoria
Australian Research Council
ARC is a Commonwealth entity, advising the Australian Government on research, administering competitive grants programs and managing ERA
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (Vic Branch)
ANMF works diligently at improving members’ work conditions and wages and ability to provide high quality health care
Department of Health and Human Services
Victorian State Government department delivering policies, programs and services that support and enhance the health and wellbeing of all Victorians.
Health and Community Services Union
The only specialist union for disability, mental health and drug and alcohol services in Victoria
Queensland University of Technology
Our vibrant research community is working on providing real solutions for our changing world.
At Monash the desire to make a difference informs everything we do.
University of Technology Sydney
The UTS Research Strategy provides an ambitious framework to support the university’s growing national and international reputation as a leading university of Technology.
Resilience and mental health nursing: An integrative review of international literature
International Journal of Mental Health Nursing article