Academic Mental Health Nursing Research Unit
The Academic Mental Health Nursing Research Unit is funded through a collaborative partnership between NorthWestern Mental Health and Australian Catholic University and is located at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Key research themes
Our unit conducts health services research with a focus on nurse-led mental health research under three key research themes:
- Physical health of people with mental Illness
- Safety and wellbeing of consumers, carers and staff
- Models of care delivery
The unit is currently conducting a range of projects under these themes, with a focus on intervention implementation and evaluation.
The unit also collaborates on a psychosocial program of research on Paediatric Injury, funded through a current NHMRC Partnership Grant and philanthropic funding.
Prof Kim Foster
- Dr Trentham Furness, Research Fellow, NWMH & ACU
- Jo-Ann Giandinoto, Research Support Officer, NWMH & ACU
- NorthWestern Mental Health
- Australian Catholic University