Telehealth enables consumers to have consultations at home, work or anywhere.
We are committed to improving access to healthcare for our community. Online videoconferencing, known as Telehealth, is available for our rural, regional or interstate consumers when clinically appropriate.
You can complete the Telehealth video conference call by yourself at your home or even your workplace. You may also choose to have a support person with you such as a carer or your local health care practitioner.
For Medicare card holders, consultations can be bulk-billed.
Start a Telehealth call
Press the button below to start a call. NWMH Staff can use the staff Telehealth login.
Our other Telehealth clinics
Follow the links below to connect to our other Telehealth clinics:
- Aged Persons Mental Health Program
- Inner West Area Mental Health Service
- Mental Health-Forensic Interface Team (MH-FIT)
- Mid West Area Mental Health Service
- Northern Area Mental Health Service
- North West Area Mental Health Service
You may be eligible if you:
- live in a rural or regional area (classification RA2 – 5) - use the Doctor Connect website to see if where you live is eligible to access NWMH Telehealth services
- are a resident of an aged care facility
- attend an Aboriginal medical service
If you are an eligible person attending a clinic, please speak with your doctor about the option of a future Telehealth appointment.
What do I need to make a Telehealth video call?
You can check your computer, phone or tablet and its internet connection to see if you will be able to use Telehealth. For example, you need to check that your camera and speakers are working. Press the test call button for this.
You will need a reasonable internet connection and one of these:
- desktop computer can be Windows PC or an Apple Mac. The Google Chrome browser is required. You will have to have a webcam (usually with a built in microphone) connected
- laptop / notebook computer with the Google Chrome browser installed. A webcam and microphone is usually built into these
- Android smartphone or tablet with Google Chrome browser installed
- iPhone or iPad use Safari to visit this page on our website and to enter the call. The Healthdirect video call app is no longer required for Apple devices
Once you are ready, you can make a test Telehealth call by pressing the button on this page.