Contact a public clinical mental health service

Public mental health services in Victoria provide acute, subacute, specialist, residential, community inpatient and support services.  

Mental health services in Victoria are divided into two service delivery types:

  • clinical - focus on assessment and treatment of people with a mental illness
  • non-clinical - focus on supporting people with difficulties that are associated with mental illness

Who are public clinical mental health services for?

Clinical mental health services are for people with a significant level of disturbance, psychosocial need or concern regarding a risk to themselves or others as a result of mental illness, or are at risk of developing a serious mental illness.

NorthWestern Mental Health is a public clinical mental health service.

Find out more about who we are.

Access and eligibility 

Find out more about eligibility for accessing mental health services.

Are you already using one of our services and need help?

If you are currently seeing a clinician at one of our youth, adult or older person’s services, contact your local area mental health service or key clinician directly Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

If you need to speak to someone urgently outside business hours, call our Triage service (after 5pm and on weekends) on 1300 874 243 (1300 TRIAGE).

Find out more about NorthWestern Mental Health locations and contact details.