Apply for the Graduate Nurse Program
Do you want to apply for our Graduate Nurse Program?
- Register with Computer Match
- Download and complete the application form
- Upload your application form and supporting documents through the Graduate Nurse Program application on Melbourne Health's online recruitment system
Preparing your application
Complete the following steps to prepare your application for submission:
- Complete the application form, making sure you read everything and complete the entire form.
- Make sure you have included at least one clinical referee from recent acute and mental health clinical placements. Referees may be changed or updated at interview if required.
- Attach one passport size photo (for identification purposes) in space provided on the application form.
- Write a covering letter, describing why you wish to undertake a Graduate Mental Health Nurse Program with NorthWestern Mental Health. Address your cover letter to the Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Prepare copies of:
- Transcript of all academic results received to date. This must be a certified copy of an official transcript and include a grading key
- Two 2nd or 3rd year clinical evaluations (med/surg and psychiatry)
Submitting your application
All applications for the Graduate Nurse Program need to be uploaded to Melbourne Health online recruitment system.
Your aptitude for psychiatric nursing is often as much about attitudes as it is about knowledge and skills learnt as an undergraduate.
Your application will be assessed on your academic results, clinical reports and experience. Preferred candidates will be requested to attend an interview. The interview is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about the program.
All these approaches allow us to assess candidates for the program.
We request referee checks from those referees you nominate on your application form.
All interviews are personal interviews with yourself and an interview team of two people. There are no group interviews. We want to get to know you!