Corporate & administration careers
There is a wide range of corporate and administration careers that support the day to day operations in our services, and contribute to planning, monitoring and evaluating the services we provide.
Health care administration responsibilities include reception, administration and ward clerk duties. These duties can include:
- answering telephones
- meeting and greeting consumers
- completing consumer registration/admission and discharge in our patient information systems Information Patient Management (IPM) and Client Management Interface (CMI)
- preparing clinical scanned/paper records for continuum of care
- supporting meetings with minute taking, room bookings and managing invitations
- managing diaries
- various other task across the organisation
Health information managers
Each of our areas has access to a health information management professional.
Health information managers have responsibility for:
- designing and managing information systems in the healthcare system
- collecting, generating and analysing records and reports about patients who are being treated by doctors and other clinicians
- using their clinical knowledge of disease and surgical procedures, technical knowledge of computer systems and databases and their management skills to set up and monitor these systems
- playing a key role in the security and legal use of people's medical records and health information by establishing appropriate procedures for handling and protecting personal data
Evaluation and service improvement coordinators
Each of our areas has access to the expertise of an evaluation and service improvement coordinator. These roles facilitate the development and implementation of quality and performance improvement activities for the service, and monitor their ongoing effectiveness and relevance.
Find out current vacancies on the Royal Melbourne Hospital's online recruitment system.